Welcome to Buckeye Central Local Schools “where students come FIRST!” The BC TEAM keeps each student at the center of daily instruction, experiences, and actions. Every team member provides their absolute best and believes there are no limits regarding our students' personal and academic growth and achievement.
Our district mission, vision, and goals chart our path to assure excellence in education!
Mission: To inspire our students to be lifelong learners and successful, contributing members of today’s society and into the future.
1. Put students first – Nurture and grow their mind, body, heart, and spirit
2. Intentional focus on academics
3. Teach, model and strive to improve verbal and non-verbal communications for everyone to succeed in their role at Buckeye Central
4. Strengthen Buckeye Central’s future by creating an atmosphere of organizational consistency, personal growth, team collaboration, and true appreciation for all staff
5. Draw upon the talents and innovations of all staff members and all students, while optimizing and appreciating the support of parents and the community
6. Use technology with students, parents, teachers, and community to prepare graduates for success in a career or college of the 21st Century
7. Be fiscally responsible with taxpayer dollars for each Buckeye Central student today and those of tomorrow
8. Build a learning community where “BC Pride” radiates.
As a foremost element of meeting our district goals, we strive daily to “Communicate to Succeed!” This website is intended to provide an up-to-date, transparent method of communication wherein we can share district, school, and student experiences, successes and future activities. We encourage all school community members to visit the site often to stay current regarding district events and teaching and learning information. Buckeye Central Schools proudly serves approximately 700 students in grades Kindergarten-12. We offer students a broad range of academic and extra-curricular opportunities that focus on college and career readiness. Career and technical programs are available to juniors and seniors at the Pioneer Career & Technical Center in Shelby. We also have students enrolled in Ohio’s College Credit Plus (CCP+) classes at various colleges/universities. The district serves students from Crawford, Seneca, Huron, and Richland counties including the villages of Bloomville, Chatfield, New Washington, and Tiro.
The school community is enhanced through a deep sense of community pride, fine traditions and teamwork that make Buckeye Central exemplary! It is an honor to work with the Board members, dedicated teachers, support staff, and community partners that make our schools special. We believe that when students come first our successes can be limitless. Along with this website (www.buckeye-central.org), we will continue to use social media at www.facebook.com/BuckeyeCentralSchools and Buckeye_Central@Buckeye_Central (Twitter). I encourage you to check these sites frequently. You will also find considerable district news in the New Washington Herald, at Crawford County Now, WBCO, WQEL, and in our quarterly newsletter, the Buckeye Brief.
Whether you have been in the Buckeye Central Schools for many years or are new to our school family, we encourage you to be active in the education of our students. Join the PTO, call us to inquire about volunteer activities, and/or support our schools and student activities. We welcome your input or questions regarding the schools. Always feel free to contact your child’s teacher, building principal or me at email@example.com or (419) 492-2864. Together, we make a difference! Thank you for your continued trust and support.
Yours in Education,
Mark A. Robinson